Followers

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Outlaws CFC0101- Duck Decoy



It has been a long time since I have made a bookmark and I was inspired to do this one for three reasons:
  • I needed a project for the Outlaws Creative Freebie Challenge 0101
  • Edwina Brown had made a bookmark with the Duck Decoy on it and I thought  'Oh my hubby (who is an avid reader) would like something like that'
  • I myself was using an old bookmark I had made Oh so many years ago  of my son (he just turned 23) and thought I could use a new one too :)  although I must admit I love the old one too much to get rid of it! So I assume my hubby will get the new one and I will continue to use the old. I am OK with that:)


Aww he was just the cutest thing! good thing he never pays any attention to my blog -lol!


I have used another  great image from Outlaws CFC by Anne Fenton. Sandi Huggett and and Anne Fenton have  joined forces and  started a challenge over at 'Outlawz' called  Creative Freebie Challenge. The images to be used are from digital  images they have drawn. Entering the challenge enables you to receive the next set of images. Every two weeks they will send you two new images. For  this their fourth  challenge  I chose the duck decoy  and coloured it with Prismacolor markers. I framed the image with a Spellbinders  die (deckled rectangles) and for the background I used old left over paper scrapes and die cut cardstock from K&COMPANY.  easy peasy!

Challenges entered:
Outlaws CFC0101- I used the duck decoy digital stamp
Anything Goes Challenge:  anything goes at anything goes
Bearly-Mine Challenge:26: anything goes
Everybody-Art-Challenge: challenge175 - Shabby
Tip Top Tuesday: Challenge #67 Anything Goes
House of Gilli: Anything Goes
Incy Wincy Designs: challenge 128 - Vintage
Paper Creations Ink: #16: die cut/punches: I have oddles  of pre-cut die cuts and punched out steampunk circles and a leaf.
Pollycraft Monday Challenge:#122 - Anything but a Card - mine is a bookmark
Stamps R Us Challenge Blog: what did you get for Christmas or Anything Goes - Mine is anything goes









17 comments:

  1. Love your bookmark Glenda the decoy image is great it has such a nice vintage look to it all. I'm sure your husband will be delighted with it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bookmark hun. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine this time. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bookmark Glenda I have to work on my card tonight! Needs to get done, along with cleaning for the party Saturday. I think there should be 38 hours in a day, this 24 hours is simply not enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Mom...don't be so sure he doesn't pay attention. Every once in a while I hear my children say something about something I said about them on my blog or something I have made...sneaky little folks LOL! Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Glenda,love your reason for making it.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Schön gemacht.
    Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei EAC.
    Liebe Grüße Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great bookmarks Glenda! Just when you don't think they look.....they look ! lol
    I was just learning how to create bookmarks in my photo class last night, guess I should give it a try.
    What size are your bookmarks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim, glad you liked the bookmarks, the decoy bookmark is 3" x 5 1/2". I generally laminate them before I punch a hole and insert the ribbon. In this case I did not do that. The old one with my son's pictures on it is long and narrow 2 1/2 x 8 inches. Make them any size you want, it all works!
      hugs
      Glenda

      Delete
  8. The bookmark is fab! Thanks for playing at anything goes this week, hugs trace x dt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotta love that fab bookmark in vintage design. Love your attention to detail. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I really didn't know what to do with this image and the bookmark is perfect!! What a beautiful mix of elements.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW these are gorgeous - thanks for sharing!

    Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday! Hope to see you again!

    Hugs
    Leanne
    Owner of Top Tip Tuesday
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glenda, this is so nice, especially since Guy things are the hardest to come up with. Love the bookmark with your son's pictures, that's surely a keeper!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a cool idea! Thanx for joining us this week at IW and good luck with the draw. Hope to see you back again next week.
    Renee DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful project! Love the image and all the special details! Thanks for sharing it with us at Paper Creations Ink!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful masculine piece! Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamps R Us Challenges. I hope you'll join us again soon.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful and fun bookmark!
    Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes!
    Hugs Annette

    ReplyDelete