Followers

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Purple Passion Fish- Doodle Pantry Challenge #17 & Sponsorship



Wow, I had a hard time with this fish, not the fishes fault, just me. I made him dimensional and then decided to put crystal effects on his eyes. They turned out just terrible, cloudy and full of air pockets, so I tried to remove the gloss from his eye and of course removed the whole eye plus some of his face. I mean, I knew better but some times stupidity takes over:) I finally gave in and printed out a new image, coloured it, removed the dimensional one and replaced it with the above fishy.   Note: nothing on his eyes!!. I have quite a time with crystal effects or glossy accents. Make some ghastly messes..


Doodle Pantry  Blog October Challenge:
Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge #17 : Oct 5th -Oct 24th, 2011 
 The theme this month is ' Use a Doodle Pantry Image'   For playing along and submitting an entry using a Doodle Pantry image, you will get  one  FREE!   (DPDC17 complimentary image is Quirky Penguin) . 

Prize:  e-gift certificate for  a Doodle pantry product.


For more information, click HERE to view the challenge details and prize information and for
Doodle Pantry October Specials click HERE.


ALSO:


Doodle Pantry is a sponsor this  October (the whole month) for the  Corrosive Challenge Blog  and this week the theme is  Purple Passion - Use purple plus one other color.  I chose  this fish cutie  from a DP digital stamp set  called 'Little Betta Fish' and  the sentiment  from their 'Rounded Circles'  set. The image is coloured with  Prismacolor markers and  I used  MS's scary branches punch for the flower leaves hoping it would look like seaweed.  The red background was  crimped to  reflect the movement of water and  I added the pearls for bubbles.   Oh, I added stickles to his body to accent the scales.


Challenges entered.

 Corrosive Challenge Blog:  Purple  plus one other colour :  DT entry only






23 comments:

  1. Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous, Glenda! The colors just pop off the page and the details and design rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Glenda,I love the frame around the fish and the colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE how the fish turned out Glenda! Using the pearls as bubbles is brilliant and the circle sentiment finishes it off nicely! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the trouble you had to go to, but it did turn out really fabulous!! Thanks for joining us @ Frosted Designs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you just hate it when you struggle, we've all been there. But this turned out so cute! Love the pearls for bubbles! Beautiful card.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glenda,
    Your fish is wonderful! I know what you mean about Crystal Effects though...I can never use it right either. Maybe try using a heat gun to dry it faster and the air bubbles (cloudiness) might dissipate. But try it on something that is a practice piece first! lol! Love your creation!
    ~Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colors!! And what a fun card!! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glenda what a wonderful card...really like the dimension and how you used the flat back pearls for the bubbles...colors are nice and the flowers in the upper corner rock! Wonderful creation

    Hugs,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOH! Love it Glenda! Great job with all the layers and those bubbles are perfect!!
    Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry that you had to do this twice, but Glenda, it is wonderful. Truly beautiful. The dimension that you have used is amazing - looks like it could swim right off the page! Great job, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that is soo PRETTY! Wow, I never wouldda thunk that this fish could be so pretty on a card. Love your doily Nestie and flowers and pearls--Beautiful job!! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Glenda!! I just love the colors and how you framed the image with the doily. Love the added texture.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Now That is one cute card! Thanks for joining Catch The bug Challenge blog for our Oct Anything goes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heee heee,sorry i shouldn't laugh,but have this picture of you and your expression when it all went horribly wrong Lol.Your card IS Stunning,worth the extra work me thinks.xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. such a pretty card! Love that striking color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colors you chose on this wonderful card and such a great image. It really pops. Thanks fo visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!!! Love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh My Word! The color combination of this is so stunning - really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card You have created. Love the image and the color combo is so striking ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glenda, this is a fabulous card! I love the rich colors. I hear what you are saying about the Chrystal Effects. Sometimes it works for me ans sometimes it doesn't. Love the image - you colored and sparkled it beautifully.

    Thanks for all the nice comments on my cards. It's good to have a kind sister blogger. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

    NancyD

    ReplyDelete
  22. How adorable is this!! I love the purple fish and the layout of the card is wonderful. TFS.

    ReplyDelete