Followers

Friday, August 19, 2011

Conciousness

My hubby has a birthday coming up and this is the card I made for him.  I like to tease him about the retired life and thought this  stamp and sentiment would bring a chuckle or two!    Bugaboo has the most wonderful character digital stamps and the ones of Gus ( the character  I used for this card) are hilarious.   I find making cards for hubby a little difficult as I cannot embellish them as I would most. He is an outdoors man, target shooter, rough carpenter, handy man well you name it and if it has a tool, a Labrador dog, camouflage or the like on it than  that is him.  Therefore for this card I added the old boots, some leaves, twine and screw type brads. The boots are  a digital stamp from Beccy's Place and I  thought they would be perfect for this card as hubby always has old boots stored somewhere:)  The leaves are a Sizzix  die cut from Stampin' Up, the background die cuts  are Spellbinders Nestabilities 'Reverse Wonky Rectangles'.

Challenges:
Catch the Bug - Bugaboo: distressed /shabby chic - I distressed the edges of the wonky rectangles with the Tim Hotlz little  distressed gizmo...
Craft Us Crazy Challenge #15 Anything Goes
Paper Crafting Journey challenge #17 Anything Goes
Shelly's Images TTT Challenge - show us what you got
Try it on Tuesday: anything goes
Cards for Men: challenge 17  - anything goes

12 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Glenda,love these images.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glenda you make such cute cum elegant cards! How do you manage the balance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh fabulous card love the sentiment to. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love it!! Great card design. Thanks for joining us this week at Catch The Bug.
    hugs
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband just had a birthday this past week and he got to Gus cards. Men I have sent any of the Gus cards absolutely love them. Love all the colors and layering shapes and the little extra boots in the corner. Lots of fun things to look at and enjoy on this card. Thank you are sharing and entering it in the Catch the Bug challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is marvellous Glenda, Jerry will love it! I think the boots are perfect and I'll never say this to Jerry but Gus kinda looks like him, lol!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. to to funny!!! I love this card!!! Thank you for joining us at StampInsanity this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! This is just too funny!

    So glad you joined us for this weeks challenge at Catch The Bug.
    =)Becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, it made me giggle, thanks for playing with us at the Papercrafting Journey, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Glenda, wonderful image and sentiment and I love the colours. Thank you for joining us at Cards for Men for our Anything Goes challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOve that sentiment!! What a fabulous card!! Thanks for joining us at PCJ! Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete